COOPERATION * ACCOUNTABILITY * RESPECT * EFFORT * SUCCESS
PBIS Program Overview
At Watson Elementary we are excited to implement a program called PBIS or Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports. Our goal is to create a school-wide environment that is positive, preventative, predictable and effective for the behavior of all children. Students will be taught positive behaviors, routines, and cues that will be encouraged by all faculty and staff in all school environments. Our goal is to:
· Create culture of positive behaviors
· Reduce behavior disruptions
· Create appropriate environments to educate all students
The Watson C.A.R.E.S. Behavior Expectation Matrix is to be posted in every classroom and all other school common areas, and used to teach expected positive learning behaviors. All students are encouraged to demonstrate Cooperation, Accountability, Respect, Effort and Success.
Watson C.A.R.E.S – Positive Behavior Support System
Multiple levels of Positive Behavior support/reinforcement
· Any student caught exhibiting one of the Watson C.A.R.E.S. expectations may be rewarded. These rewards are for all types of students and are not tied to academic achievement. Students may be rewarded by any adult in the building.
· The student will be verbally praised for the positive behavior, stating the C.A.R.E.S. expectation that was demonstrated. e.g. – “Johnny that was so Respectful of you to pick up Mary‘s dropped pencil. I’d like you to have this “Super Student” token.
· Student is presented with a “Super Student” token.
· Students will be called to the office at a designated time to redeem the tokens for a tangible item from the “Treasure Tower” of rewards.
· Students sign in at the office to redeem reward.
· Names of the students who were rewarded will be read over the announcements.
· Students will have picture taken and displayed on a reward wall for all students and staff to see and appreciate.
· Student’s names will also be posted on the Watson website.
· All adults in the building will have access to award tokens; including Custodial Staff, Cafeteria Workers, Secretaries and Instructional Assistants.